We are a construction company that works throughout the continental United States. We build large capacity, steel erected, storage products with foundations. We are looking for a new Civil Construction Manager to join our team in the Houston, TX area.
- Must have experience in all aspects of tank concrete foundation work including the equipment used to perform the work, the manpower necessary for the job, time to perform the work.
- Ability to assemble a team to accomplish a stated goal.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, good attitude and ability to write and teach.
- Must have good computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office Software.
- Must be able to travel regularly and walk around all parts of a foundation project, including climbing in or out of a foundation excavation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND TASKS
- Oversee all construction activities of assigned projects.
- Review project drawings at approval stage to thoroughly understand the assigned project.
- Prepare a construction packet for the Superintendent for your projects, including issues concerning safety, quality and the Work Plan, detailing project specifics and code requirements.
- Assist in the development of project schedules and man loads with assigned Project Manager, working together to keep project on time and under budget.
- Determine equipment needed to build project, and develop a tool list once field Superintendent has been assigned.
- Work with Superintendents/Foremen to ensure the project is built to the Work Plan, and that Safety and Quality are always adhered to by employees on site by both visiting the job and calling the Superintendent.
- Work with Superintendents and HR to maintain appropriate staffing on site and to assist in development of field personnel.
- At close of project, perform a final visit walk through to ensure the project is built to Company quality expectations.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND TASKS
- Manage pay levels of field personnel with regional manager for jobs.
- Assist estimating in pricing for future work.
Office work is 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Though hours will vary widely based on job site visits and travel.
Will require being at a desk as well as walking around and climbing both in and around a tank foundation construction site in all types of weather. Will require frequent travel to ATC jobsites, offices, and shops.
Please submit your resume to:
Email: Attention: Alma Galvan at firstname.lastname@example.org