Employment Opportunity: Drafting Detailer
Advance Tank and Construction Co. is a construction company that works throughout the continental United States. We build large capacity, steel erected, storage products from the ground up. We are looking for a new Drafting Detailer to join our drafting team in Wellington, CO.
DRAFTING DETAILER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a can do attitude with desire to work with a team and learn new skills
- Must have the ability to visualize and understand construction processes.
- Must have good understanding of, and ability to apply, algebra, geometry and trigonometry principals.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks or work under a time deadline without getting flustered and with minimal direction from others.
- Must pass a post hire drug test.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Prepare fabrication and erection drawings.
- Responsible for driving the contract through the drawing/detailing process, including working with the checker until the drawings are submitted to the customer.
- Independently create drawings that are accurate and are in compliance with the design, customer specifications, project plans, and code/standard requirements.
- Learn and follow Advance Tank standard drafting practices.
- Acquire and possess a working knowledge of the tank building codes and standards, AWS welding symbols and types of welding processes, and OSHA regulations as it pertains to our line of work.
- Develop a working knowledge of Advance Tank shop and field practices in order to create drawings that meet shop and field capabilities.
- Remain current on latest CAD software and maintain a working knowledge of computer hardware and software used at Advance Tank.
- Create CNC files and documents to support Advance Tank shop needs.
- Maintain a good working relationship, with consistent communication, with the Checker and Drafting manager.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Keep records of all verbal communication in the drafting contract folder.
- Help Checker organize all correspondence and keep contact folder/notebook orderly at all times.
- Help prepare As-Built Drawings for final records.
- Preparing drawing distribution documents for checker.
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Drafting Manager.
Daily hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with a half hour lunch, with the ability to work overtime when necessary.
This job requires the worker to sit at a desk for most of the day working on a computer with trips to the shop as needed to support shop personnel. This is an employment at will position
Please submit your resume to:
Email: Attention: Alma Galvan at email@example.com