Employment Opportunity: Welders (Wellington, CO Shop)
Advance Tank and Construction Co. is a construction company that works throughout the continental United States. We build large capacity, steel erected, storage products from the ground up. We are looking for Welders to work in our Wellington, CO shop. We are interested in those who are experienced, hardworking, and know how to work safely.
- Must pass a weld test per AWS or ASME & pass either a bend test or x-ray welding with 7018 in vertical position.
- Must have experience in the construction of field erected storage structures & in using the following tools: 4 & 8 pound hammer, fit up bar, grinders & chipping hammers.
- Must be able to pass a post hire physical verifying ability to perform essential functions of job & substance abuse test whenever required by Advance Tank or its customers.
Essential Functions, Duties, & Tasks
- Must be able to weld with 7018 and downhill using 6010.
- Must be able to manually move 100 feet of weld lead (70-100 lbs.).
- Must be able to arc gouge.
- Must be capable of climbing to heights of 160 feet above ground by vertical ladder and of using tools of the trade at that height.
- Must be able to assist in the moving of steel plate: unloading, loading, hanging, aligning, and fitting.
- Must be able to drive stakes, fit up vertical, round, roof, and bottom seams as well as perform bottom breakdowns.
- Must be able to grind weld seams in preparation for x-ray, chip off weld burs, and do other plate surface cleaning.
- Must be able to perform all duties safely.
- Should be capable of wearing and using a respirator when necessary; Advance Tank will test at that time for ability.
- Should be able to read blueprints, do layout, and move scaffolding.
Schedule & Work Conditions
- Opportunity for 50-60 hours of work a week.
- Worker is on feet, kneeling, or bending all day, and work is done outside in all weather conditions.
- Worker will be required to wear a hardhat, safety glasses, ear plugs at all times, and fall protection when climbing over 6 feet.
- Work requires moving from job-site to job-site all over the United States.
- Should work require wearing a respirator, worker will need to be clean-shaven.
Advance Tank is offering competitive wages, great benefits, and a family-like environment. If you feel your skills and abilities closely match the self-driven personality we are searching for, please send us your resume via email or apply online.
Email: Attention: Recruiting email@example.com
Online: Click Here To Apply