WE ARE HEALTH & SAFETY
Safety goes hand in hand with quality work and quality production. As a fabrication, construction and maintenance company that works in the tank, vessel and water/wastewater treatment industries – we work in hazardous and potentially deadly environments. Our personnel must be capable of evaluating all safety concerns arising from other contractors working on site, toxic or explosive vapors and the dangers of hanging steel plate.
We employ full-time staff dedicated to the function of HEALTH and SAFETY. Our safety personnel, have years of experience in the industry and continue to educate themselves on safety issues and concerns. At Advance Tank we regularly train our office, shop and field personnel on proper safety awareness and injury prevention, and we continuously evaluate ongoing health and safety related issues on all job sites.
ADVANCE TANK SAFETY PROGRAM SUMMARY:
At Advance Tank we believe in Safe, Quality, Production (SQP). There is a reason we put the word ‘safe’ first in our tagline. It is the first priority at Advance Tank.
- All new hires are screened, drug tested and trained on 20 safety modules ranging from hazardous materials, crane operation, to scaffolding requirements and confined space training before they are allowed to work on our job sites.
- Between 3 and 6 months of work, all recent hires are further trained in our on-site trailer training.
- Existing Employees are trained on new health and safety concerns and receive refresher courses on existing safety expectations.
- Safety Trailer – Advance Tank has a trailer dedicated to safety training which travels the country offering safety refresher course.
- Every morning all Advance Tank crews are required to have Tool Box meetings to discuss that day’s work plans and any safety concerns that could arise from that work, we call this our JHA’s for Job Hazard Analysis.
- All Superintendents and Site Coordinators attend a yearly safety training meeting at our headquarters in Wellington, CO.
- Advance Tank performs ongoing safety manual audits which keep us to date with the industries best work practices.
- Top down approach to safety. For safety to work there must be buy in from ALL employees, including upper management.
- Vetting of Subcontractors
- Personnel Protective Equipment – Advance Tank purchases all PPE equipment for its employees. Hard Hats, Steel Toed Boots, Safety Glasses, Ear Protection, Harnesses, and Nomex. If the job requires it we buy it.
- Monthly Safety Briefings with management to discuss any near misses or incidents and then that information is passed along to the shop and field crews.
- Job Stand Downs – If there is an issue on site which is noticed by any Advance Tank personnel, that Advance Tank employee has the right to shut down all work on the jobsite to evaluate, correct, train or implement corrective measures.
- All Advance Tank field personnel are part of the DISA drug testing pool. We currently use Pipeline Testing Consortium for our drug test, however, if your company calls for another testing agency simply let us know and we will make the necessary adjustments.