Employment Opportunity: Drafting Detailer II
Advance Tank and Construction is a construction company that works throughout the continental United States. We build large capacity, steel erected, storage products from the ground up. We are looking for a Drafting Detailer II. This position can be done remotely. We are interested in those who are experienced, hardworking, and know how to work safely.
$27.00 to $32.00 per hour
The pay range is dependent on the person’s experience and capabilities. Benefits include: paid vacation, sick leave, 401K, and health & dental insurance. This is an employment at will position.
Advance Tank is offering competitive wages, great benefits, and a family-like environment. If you feel your skills & abilities closely match the self-driven personality we are searching for, please send us your resume via email or apply online.
Email: Attention: Recruiting firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3+ years working in AutoCAD
- 5 years minimum drafting experience with welded steel tanks covering API 650 and 620 tanks
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Design or equivalent; work experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for multi-disciplinary team.
- Must have ability to visualize and understand construction processes.
- Must have good understanding and ability to apply algebra, geometry, and trigonometry principals.
- Must have ability to work on multiple tasks while under a time deadline without getting flustered and with minimal direction from others.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES & TASKS
- Must be able to perform all duties in a manner that creates a safe environment for all employees.
- Follow Company drafting standard practices to prepare fabrication and erection drawings for all types of contracts including more complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Independently create drawings that are accurate and are in compliance with the design, customer specifications, project plans and code/standard requirements.
- Create a drawing Bill of Materials as well as prepare submittals to be sent to our customers.
- Drive/manage the contract through the drawing/detailing process, including working with the Senior Detailers until the drawings are submitted to the customer.
- Maintain a working knowledge of shop and field practices in order to create drawings that meet shop and field capabilities.
- Possess a working knowledge of OSHA regulations and building codes and standards that relate to steel tank and vessel construction.
- Remain current on the latest CAD software. Maintain a working knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Communicate with outside customers and other ATC departments as directed by Drafting Manager.
- Maintain a good working relationship, with consistent communication, with the Drafting
- Manager and Senior Detailers.
- Serve as lead detailer on certain projects.
- Check drawings at the discretion of the Drafting Manager.
- Provide assistance to other detailers.
- Assist in training of new detailers.
- Resolve questionable areas relating to fabrication and erection with representatives of the individual department.
- Work independently while adhering to company and drafting guidelines.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES & TASKS
- Help Prepare As-Built drawings for final records.
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Drafting Manager.
- Help Senior Detailer organize all correspondence and keep contract folders up to date at all times.
- Office Hours are 8:00 – 4:30 Monday through Friday, with half hour for lunch.
- Must have ability to work overtime when asked by supervisor.
- This job requires the worker to be at a desk for most of the day working on a computer, and make site visits as required.